Anyone knows that cigarette smoking is bad for the health. But, this information can’t stop people from using it. Fortunately, there are pharmaceutical drugs that can help you overcome this bad habit. Industry professional QuitStopNow.com shares a few treatment options to stop smoking.
- Nicotine Replacement Therapy – this kind of medication contains nicotine, the stimulating substance in cigarettes that primarily contributes to your addiction. The therapy replaces the nicotine found in cigarettes little by little until you become clean from the potent ingredient.
- Nicotine Patches are paper-like stickers that are used topically. It contains measured amounts of nicotine.
- With Nicotine Gum, you should chew or place one on the side of your cheeks or in your gums. It helps the body to release some of the remaining nicotine.
- Nicotine Lozenges are taken like candies. Similar to nicotine gums, it also helps release nicotine while it slowly dissolves.
- Nicotine Inhaler contains specific amounts of nicotine. You will inhale through a cartridge using your mouth.
- Nicotine Nasal Spray also contains controlled amounts of nicotine but enters the body through the nose.
- Other Medications – listed here are the other medications that do not contain any trace of nicotine.
- Bupropion is a prescription drug that minimizes your withdrawal symptoms during recoery. It also aids in reducing the urges for smoking. This drug may be used together with Nicotine Replacement Therapy.
- Varenicline is another prescription drug that minimizes the withdrawal symptoms and urges for smoking. Its advantage over bupropion is that it blocks nicotine from cigarette if you start smoking again, preventing a relapse from happening.
With the help of these medications and therapies to stop smoking, it can double the percentage of your success to quit this awful habit. Deciding to quit early will lead to an easier victory and a healthier, meaningful, and wonderful life.