The search engines have become smarter. It takes more than good content and optimised keywords to show up on the first page of the search engine rankings. A good SEO campaign marketed by many digital marketing companies now focuses on on-page optimization. Whilst it’s considered as the pillar of the campaign, one of the aspects that make it possible to really work is image optimization.
A Picture Is Equal To A Thousand Words
Images form the visual content of any page, online or otherwise. If used correctly, they can convey the message in a single glance. The images are also very useful to get good traffic from image search engines. The relevance of the image is of paramount importance.
The factors that are vital to image optimization benefits are the following:
- The Alt Tag – The Alt Tag is the most factor. If the image cannot be displayed or if it takes long to load, the text in the alt tag will be displayed in the place of the image. Whilst pictures catch the attention of humans better than texts, it is the opposite with search engines. They do not read images and they appear as blank spaces to them. The alt tag tells the search engine that there is an image there. Consequently, the text in the alt tag should be short, catchy and relevant.
- Title Tags – Ensure that you use relevant title tags when you link your images. When you hover the cursor over the link, the title tag will be displayed. For instance, an SEO company in Birmingham is targeting a particular keyword. Accordingly, that title tag has to include the targeted keyword.
- The Image Size – The size of the image is an important factor. It is important to keep them low in bytes as if, it takes more than 10 seconds to load, the users will simply move on.
- Image Hosting – If you want to optimize your website for the normal search engines as well as the image search option then, then image hosting is also to be considered. The image should be hosted on the same domain as the texts. The images should also be well blended with the texts.
- Descriptive Words – Use descriptive keywords in the file name of the images too, to make it more relevant. The text in the alt tags can also be used as a file name.
High visibility on the web and high rankings on the search engine result pages is the aim of any digital marketing campaign. Regardless, as there are constant upgrades in the way the search engines functions, the process of achieving great ranking is getting more complicated. You need to ensure that image optimization is part of your SEO.