Dentists need a number of infection control products, instruments and tools to take care of their patients’ teeth and oral health. These supplies are expensive and finding them at low prices is especially challenging.
The success of the many procedures and the oral health condition of the patients often depend on the quality of the products dentists use. Therefore, there cannot be any compromise on the quality of these products, but often this means buying supplies at exorbitant prices.
• The easiest way to save money is to shop with online retailers who offer products at wholesale prices, even branded products at lower rates. These online retailers often have better inventories, so you can get whatever product you want, whenever you want.
• For buying all disposable products such as irrigation tips, bibs, gloves, masks, mouth mirrors, impression trays, cotton, gauze and other supplies, shop from wholesale suppliers. Since you will use these products daily you will anyway need them in bulk, which reduces the price per item overall.
• Sterilization pouches are very important to sterilize the instruments and tools used by the dentists, but those from big brands are very expensive. Instead of going by brand, look for the necessary attributes that make these pouches efficient.
The seals should be sturdy and made of good medical grade paper so that they do not tear easily. These cost less if they do not have any brand. Furthermore, if you buy a pouch with internal and external indicator strips, then you need not buy the strips separately.
• X-rays or dental radiographs are very important for correct diagnosis and evaluation of patients. Again, instead of going for big brands you can get extraoral and intraoral films from smaller brands. Buy in bulk and keep track of the quantity of film used.
• Choose the curing lights, depending on your personal preferences. Do not go by price or brand alone. Comfort is paramount, especially since you manually operate them. You can also get cordless ones if you like.
Buying smart means bigger savings and ultimately, if you run your own clinic, bigger returns. Shop wise, buy in bulk, and disregard brands.