Many adults struggle with fatigue, but some people seem to have it worse. You have no energy in the middle of the morning, and always feel tired and sleepy. Even if you rest, the problem doesn’t seem to go away. What can you do in this situation?
If you have a tendency to feel sluggish, distracted, and moody, the problem might be nutritional. According to Red Tail Wellness Center, poor dietary habits can lead to nutrient deficiencies, which greatly affect your body’s metabolic performances. This causes many different negative symptoms, one of the most noticeable being fatigue.
The key to beating this lethargy is by changing your diet. Here’s what you should do.
1. Always eat breakfast – Skipping the first meal of the day is something that many busy professionals do, but it leaves you very weak during the morning. Your body needs fuel, and while you might not feel hungry, it’s important to eat something before leaving the house. Regularly eating breakfast also helps prevent obesity, diabetes, and heart disease.
2. Stop overcooking vegetables – You should already know that leafy, green vegetables are good for you, but are you preparing them correctly? People overcook their greens far too often. This is not only a mark of bad cooking, as it turns your vegetables into an unappetizing mush, it also robs them of their valuable nutrients.
3. Watch your protein sources – Skip the bacon, there are a dozen better sources of protein that will leave you nourished and satisfied. You will want to consume lean meats, beans, and fish for most of your meals. Fatty fish like salmon or tuna, in particular, are an excellent addition to your diet; most people do not get nearly enough Omega 3.
4. Complex carbohydrates are better – When it comes to lasting energy throughout the day, complex carbohydrates are the best for your body. Brown rice, whole grain bread, and starchy vegetables should be the staple of your diet.
5. Get rid of the junk food – Finally, candy bars and soft drinks might give you a quick energy boost, but this is usually followed by a significant crash right afterwards. Junk food does nothing good for your health, and should be a rare treat at most.
A healthy lifestyle is the strongest weapon against fatigue. Start eating better, sleep more, and exercise regularly. If that still isn’t enough to cure your fatigue, however, it may have an underlying medical cause. It is important to seek